T TEMPERATURE_DIFFERENTIAL | THERM | Therm | Therm | THERMAL_EFFICIENCY | Thermo_Sensor | THERMOCOUPLE | Thermostat | THERMOSTAT | THROAT | Ton | TOP_SEALING_DAMPER | TYPE_B_GAS_VENT |
1. TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL-The difference in temperature between two areas, such as inside and outside the chimney or house. (Example, if it is 50 degrees F. outside the house and 70 degrees F. inside the house the temperature differential is 20 degrees F.)
Submitted on Sunday, May 01, 2016 12:02:57 PM
2. THERM:100,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs)
Submitted on Thursday, July 02, 2015 12:02:57 PM
This is a unit of heating that is equal to 100,000 BTUs
Submitted on Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:02:57 PM
A unit of heating value equivalent to 100,000 British thermal units (BTUs).
Submitted on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 12:02:57 PM
5. THERMAL EFFICIENCY-The percentage of heat, which is released in the fire, that gets through the appliance to become useful heat in the house.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 12:02:57 PM
6. Thermo Sensor
Definition:Automatically turns blower on and off.
Submitted on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:02:57 PM
A device consisting of two pieces of dissimilar metals joined together at one end (hot junction). When the hot junction is heated, the thermocouple produces DC voltage across the other end. Used to power thermoelectric gas valves.
Submitted on Thursday, December 24, 2015 12:02:57 PM
8. Thermostat-usually found on an inside wall, this device operates as a control to regulate our heating and cooling equipment to maintain a desired temperature.
Submitted on Thursday, January 29, 2015 12:02:57 PM
An automatic device for regulating the temperature in a building by controlling the heating or cooling source. Acts strictly as an on/off switch - does not modulate the heating or cooling source.
Submitted on Sunday, November 09, 2014 12:02:57 PM
10. THROAT:-An opening just above a fireplace. The damper is usually located in the throat of a fireplace.
Submitted on Monday, January 12, 2015 12:02:57 PM
11. Ton-Unit of measurement for determining cooling capacity. One ton of cooling equals 12,000 BTU.
Submitted on Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:02:57 PM
12. TOP SEALING DAMPER:
A device installed on the chimney top which will impede the air flow.
Submitted on Saturday, November 07, 2015 12:02:57 PM
13. TYPE B GAS VENT:Listed, factory-built, double wall metal pipe for venting gas appliances with draft hoods and other appliances listed for use with Type B Gas Vent.
Submitted on Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:02:57 PM
Go Top | Glossary