T TEMPERATURE_DIFFERENTIAL | THERM | Therm | Therm | THERMAL_EFFICIENCY | Thermo_Sensor | THERMOCOUPLE | Thermostat | THERMOSTAT | THROAT | Ton | TOP_SEALING_DAMPER | TYPE_B_GAS_VENT |
1. TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL:The difference in temperature between two areas, such as inside and outside the chimney or house. (Example, if it is 50 degrees F. outside the house and 70 degrees F. inside the house the temperature differential is 20 degrees F.)
Submitted on Sunday, March 13, 2016 9:26:35 PM
100,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs)
Submitted on Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:26:35 PM
3. Therm-This is a unit of heating that is equal to 100,000 BTUs
Submitted on Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:26:35 PM
A unit of heating value equivalent to 100,000 British thermal units (BTUs).
Submitted on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 9:26:35 PM
5. THERMAL EFFICIENCY-The percentage of heat, which is released in the fire, that gets through the appliance to become useful heat in the house.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:26:35 PM
6. Thermo Sensor
Definition:Automatically turns blower on and off.
Submitted on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 9:26:35 PM
Definition:A device consisting of two pieces of dissimilar metals joined together at one end (hot junction). When the hot junction is heated, the thermocouple produces DC voltage across the other end. Used to power thermoelectric gas valves.
Submitted on Thursday, November 05, 2015 9:26:35 PM
8. Thermostat-usually found on an inside wall, this device operates as a control to regulate our heating and cooling equipment to maintain a desired temperature.
Submitted on Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:26:35 PM
9. THERMOSTAT-An automatic device for regulating the temperature in a building by controlling the heating or cooling source. Acts strictly as an on/off switch - does not modulate the heating or cooling source.
Submitted on Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:26:35 PM
An opening just above a fireplace. The damper is usually located in the throat of a fireplace.
Submitted on Monday, November 24, 2014 9:26:35 PM
11. Ton-Unit of measurement for determining cooling capacity. One ton of cooling equals 12,000 BTU.
Submitted on Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:26:35 PM
12. TOP SEALING DAMPER:
A device installed on the chimney top which will impede the air flow.
Submitted on Saturday, September 19, 2015 9:26:35 PM
13. TYPE B GAS VENT:-Listed, factory-built, double wall metal pipe for venting gas appliances with draft hoods and other appliances listed for use with Type B Gas Vent.
Submitted on Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:26:35 PM
Go Top | Glossary