T TEMPERATURE_DIFFERENTIAL | THERM | Therm | Therm | THERMAL_EFFICIENCY | Thermo_Sensor | THERMOCOUPLE | Thermostat | THERMOSTAT | THROAT | Ton | TOP_SEALING_DAMPER | TYPE_B_GAS_VENT |
1. TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL:The difference in temperature between two areas, such as inside and outside the chimney or house. (Example, if it is 50 degrees F. outside the house and 70 degrees F. inside the house the temperature differential is 20 degrees F.)
Submitted on Friday, January 27, 2017 12:32:44 PM
100,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs)
Submitted on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 12:32:44 PM
3. Therm-This is a unit of heating that is equal to 100,000 BTUs
Submitted on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:32:44 PM
Definition:A unit of heating value equivalent to 100,000 British thermal units (BTUs).
Submitted on Monday, January 23, 2017 12:32:44 PM
5. THERMAL EFFICIENCY:The percentage of heat, which is released in the fire, that gets through the appliance to become useful heat in the house.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:32:44 PM
6. Thermo Sensor:-Automatically turns blower on and off.
Submitted on Monday, January 04, 2016 12:32:44 PM
7. THERMOCOUPLE:-A device consisting of two pieces of dissimilar metals joined together at one end (hot junction). When the hot junction is heated, the thermocouple produces DC voltage across the other end. Used to power thermoelectric gas valves.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:32:44 PM
8. Thermostat:usually found on an inside wall, this device operates as a control to regulate our heating and cooling equipment to maintain a desired temperature.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 12:32:44 PM
9. THERMOSTAT:An automatic device for regulating the temperature in a building by controlling the heating or cooling source. Acts strictly as an on/off switch - does not modulate the heating or cooling source.
Submitted on Friday, August 07, 2015 12:32:44 PM
10. THROAT-An opening just above a fireplace. The damper is usually located in the throat of a fireplace.
Submitted on Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:32:44 PM
11. Ton:Unit of measurement for determining cooling capacity. One ton of cooling equals 12,000 BTU.
Submitted on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:32:44 PM
12. TOP SEALING DAMPER-A device installed on the chimney top which will impede the air flow.
Submitted on Friday, August 05, 2016 12:32:44 PM
13. TYPE B GAS VENT
Listed, factory-built, double wall metal pipe for venting gas appliances with draft hoods and other appliances listed for use with Type B Gas Vent.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:32:44 PM
Go Top | Glossary