A AFUE | AFUE | AFUE_(Annual_Fuel_Utilization_Efficiency) | Air_Supreme_Filter | ANDIRONS | Annual_Fuel_Utilization_Efficiency | ANSI | ANSI_(American_National_Standards_Institute) | Antique_Fireplace_Mantel | APPLIANCE | ASH_DOOR | ASH_PIT |
1. AFUE-Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. A measure of a furnace's heating efficiency. The higher the AFUE percentage, the more efficient the product. The US government's established minimum AFUE rating for furnaces is 78% for products produced after July 1992.
Submitted on Sunday, October 25, 2015 9:26:17 PM
2. AFUE:Measurement for rating furnaces and wall heaters as an official heat source.
Submitted on Friday, December 26, 2014 9:26:17 PM
3. AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency):
This measurement rates fireplaces and wall heaters that are official heating sources
Submitted on Friday, July 24, 2015 9:26:17 PM
4. Air Supreme Filter
When the blower is operating, this cleans the air in the room
Submitted on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:26:17 PM
5. ANDIRONS-Two pieces of metal designed to support firewood in a firebox.
Submitted on Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:26:17 PM
6. Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency:
Measurement for rating furnaces and wall heaters as an official heat source.
Submitted on Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:26:17 PM
American National Standards Institute. The organization responsible for coordinating the federal national standards system, consisting of 900 companies and 200 trade, technical, professional, labor and consumer organizations.
Submitted on Friday, September 30, 2016 9:26:17 PM
8. ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
This organization is comprised of more than 900 companies, many of them specialists in fireplace installation and maintenance
Submitted on Saturday, November 07, 2015 9:26:17 PM
9. Antique Fireplace Mantel
1) a fireplace mantel from an older generation (e.g. mid century, turn of the century); 2) a mantel piece designed to look like an original mantel from a stated period.
Submitted on Monday, August 17, 2015 9:26:17 PM
10. APPLIANCE:A solid or fossil fuel burning stove, fireplace, furnace, boiler, water heater, heater or cook stove.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 9:26:17 PM
11. ASH DOOR
A door found in the floor of the firebox that provides access to the ash dump, through which ashes can be dumped into the ash pit.
Submitted on Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:26:17 PM
12. ASH PIT:A storage compartment for ashes, located in the chimney base.
Submitted on Monday, August 15, 2016 9:26:17 PM
Go Top | Glossary