T TEMPERATURE_DIFFERENTIAL | THERM | Therm | Therm | THERMAL_EFFICIENCY | Thermo_Sensor | THERMOCOUPLE | Thermostat | THERMOSTAT | THROAT | Ton | TOP_SEALING_DAMPER | TYPE_B_GAS_VENT |
1. TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL
Definition:The difference in temperature between two areas, such as inside and outside the chimney or house. (Example, if it is 50 degrees F. outside the house and 70 degrees F. inside the house the temperature differential is 20 degrees F.)
Submitted on Friday, May 08, 2015 7:30:09 PM
2. THERM:100,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs)
Submitted on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 7:30:09 PM
This is a unit of heating that is equal to 100,000 BTUs
Submitted on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:30:09 PM
A unit of heating value equivalent to 100,000 British thermal units (BTUs).
Submitted on Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:30:09 PM
5. THERMAL EFFICIENCY-The percentage of heat, which is released in the fire, that gets through the appliance to become useful heat in the house.
Submitted on Monday, June 06, 2016 7:30:09 PM
6. Thermo Sensor
Definition:Automatically turns blower on and off.
Submitted on Sunday, September 27, 2015 7:30:09 PM
Definition:A device consisting of two pieces of dissimilar metals joined together at one end (hot junction). When the hot junction is heated, the thermocouple produces DC voltage across the other end. Used to power thermoelectric gas valves.
Submitted on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:30:09 PM
8. Thermostat-usually found on an inside wall, this device operates as a control to regulate our heating and cooling equipment to maintain a desired temperature.
Submitted on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:30:09 PM
9. THERMOSTAT-An automatic device for regulating the temperature in a building by controlling the heating or cooling source. Acts strictly as an on/off switch - does not modulate the heating or cooling source.
Submitted on Friday, May 01, 2015 7:30:09 PM
An opening just above a fireplace. The damper is usually located in the throat of a fireplace.
Submitted on Saturday, July 04, 2015 7:30:09 PM
11. Ton-Unit of measurement for determining cooling capacity. One ton of cooling equals 12,000 BTU.
Submitted on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:30:09 PM
12. TOP SEALING DAMPER:
A device installed on the chimney top which will impede the air flow.
Submitted on Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:30:09 PM
13. TYPE B GAS VENT:Listed, factory-built, double wall metal pipe for venting gas appliances with draft hoods and other appliances listed for use with Type B Gas Vent.
Submitted on Monday, December 19, 2016 7:30:09 PM
Go Top | Glossary