A AFUE | AFUE | AFUE_(Annual_Fuel_Utilization_Efficiency) | Air_Supreme_Filter | ANDIRONS | Annual_Fuel_Utilization_Efficiency | ANSI | ANSI_(American_National_Standards_Institute) | Antique_Fireplace_Mantel | APPLIANCE | ASH_DOOR | ASH_PIT |
1. AFUE:-Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. A measure of a furnace's heating efficiency. The higher the AFUE percentage, the more efficient the product. The US government's established minimum AFUE rating for furnaces is 78% for products produced after July 1992.
Submitted on Monday, September 29, 2014 8:31:39 AM
Measurement for rating furnaces and wall heaters as an official heat source.
Submitted on Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:31:39 AM
3. AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency)
This measurement rates fireplaces and wall heaters that are official heating sources
Submitted on Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:31:39 AM
4. Air Supreme Filter:
When the blower is operating, this cleans the air in the room
Submitted on Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:31:39 AM
Definition:Two pieces of metal designed to support firewood in a firebox.
Submitted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:31:39 AM
6. Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency-Measurement for rating furnaces and wall heaters as an official heat source.
Submitted on Friday, June 03, 2016 8:31:39 AM
7. ANSI-American National Standards Institute. The organization responsible for coordinating the federal national standards system, consisting of 900 companies and 200 trade, technical, professional, labor and consumer organizations.
Submitted on Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:31:39 AM
8. ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Definition:This organization is comprised of more than 900 companies, many of them specialists in fireplace installation and maintenance
Submitted on Saturday, March 26, 2016 8:31:39 AM
9. Antique Fireplace Mantel
Definition:1) a fireplace mantel from an older generation (e.g. mid century, turn of the century); 2) a mantel piece designed to look like an original mantel from a stated period.
Submitted on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 8:31:39 AM
A solid or fossil fuel burning stove, fireplace, furnace, boiler, water heater, heater or cook stove.
Submitted on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 8:31:39 AM
11. ASH DOOR
Definition:A door found in the floor of the firebox that provides access to the ash dump, through which ashes can be dumped into the ash pit.
Submitted on Saturday, January 10, 2015 8:31:39 AM
12. ASH PIT
A storage compartment for ashes, located in the chimney base.
Submitted on Monday, April 07, 2014 8:31:39 AM
Go Top | Glossary